Ant colony sizes range from a few individuals to tens of thousands. Each colony is made up of a queen, different-sized workers and a number of other castes at different stages of the colony cycle. There are approximately 1300 ant species know in Australia, although these are the most commonly found species,
- Argentine ant
- Black house Ant
- Bull ant
- Coastal brown ant
- Fire Ant
- Gargen ant
- Ghost ant
- Green ant
- Odorouse house ant
- Pavement ant
- Pharoahs ant
- Singapore ant
- Sugar ant
- Whitefooted house ant
Some ipts and tricks to keeping ants under control.
- Keep your syrups, sugars, and anything that attracts ants in airtight containers or put them in the fridge.
- Put outside food bowls away from the house and only feed your pet what it can eat in one go
- Create a moat of water around pet food bowls so the ants cannot cross the water to get to the food.
- Ants are attracted to food sources or moist areas. Wipe down surfaces immediately after use and sweep or vacuum regularly.
- Don’t stack objects against the house
- Ensure Trees around the home do not touch the home