Wasps

Thankfully, wasps are not a common issue, but if you have a wasp problem it can be a major concern. Wasp stings can be very painful and they can be dangerous. Preventing wasps building nests in the first place is the best form of control and can be achieved quite easily with some good home maintenance and the correct wasp control products.

 

Due to the safety concerns, removing wasp nests can be a lot more difficult. Like native bees, most adult wasps feed on nectar from flowers. So wasps (as well as flies) are common insects that bee-watchers will see visiting flowers in their garden.

Wasps should be treated with caution because many can sting. However, wasps are useful to have in your garden because they help to pollinate flowers and control insect pests.

How to treat a wasp sting.

- Wash the sting area with soap and water to remove as much of the venom as possible

- Apply a cold pack to the wound site to reduce swelling and pain

- Keep the wound clean and dry to prevent infection

- Cover with a bandage if desired

Severe allergic reactions to wasp stings require immediate medical attention. Overall, up to 0.8 percent of children and 3 percent of adults have insect sting allergies.

If you have an EpiPen, administer it as soon as symptoms begin. If you have a history of wasp allergies, administer the EpiPen as soon as you are stung and then call 000.

Screenshot 2018-02-08 11.30.39.png
Native-paper-wasp.jpg
Don't let them Bug You, Bug Me.
Call the Bug Me Team today
(07)4153 2842